2018 SECA Thunder
GENERAL - Tech man has right to check
this every week.
1. No nitrous or traction
2. After 3 times of refusing to
tear down - you will be disqualified from competing in
this division the remainder of the year.
3. A driver cannot compete in
this division and a different division on the same night.
4. Cars must be neat in
5. Cars must weigh 3300 pounds
with driver after race.
6. 8" wheels max .25" tolerance -
14 or 15" - must be same size all the way around.
7. No dot racing tires.
8. Any 70, 75, or 78 series
street legal dot tires series radials - No
directional or competition tires.
9. 8" towel city racing recap ok
but must punch 55.
10. May run beadlocks but must
11. May run offset rims and wheel
12. Stock brakes and master
13. OEM brake calipers only - no
14. Duel master cylinder ok -
15. Headers are legal but must
exit parallel to ground. NO TRI-WYE
HEADERS, NO H-PIPES, AND NO X-PIPES
16. Aluminum radiator with made
17. Fuel cell must be mounted
inside of trunk with firewall between
driver and fuel cell.
18. Seat must be securely
fastened to frame and or roll cage.
19. Cars must have number on
sides and top and able to be read by
20. Stock unless otherwise stated.
BODY - Visual protest only.
1. No late model noses or fender
2. Stock unless otherwise stated.
3. 1968 or newer American made
4. No station wagons, trucks,
jeeps, convertibles, mustangs, or pony
5. Rear of car must be closed -
no holes or flaps.
6. Must have a deck lid.
7. May make front fenders, doors,
and rear fenders.
8. No side spoilers. No plastic
9. Spoiler may not exceed 60"
wide by 6" tall and no spill plates.
10. Cannot exceed 48" from ground
to the top of the rear spoiler.
11. May run any replacement roof
- must be 48" X 50" – Don't do
12. Aluminum door and fenders ok.
13. 13" minimum door and rear
14. Interior can be boxed in.
15. Front and rear bumpers -
rubber nose ok - stock appearing - no cow scoop.
16. Breather must be boxed in on
all 4 corners and cannot exceed 2".
17. May NOT pull air from inside
18. Front inside wheel wells can
be cut or removed for clearance but not excessive.
19. All firewall holes must be
20. Must have stock firewall in
original location. Firewall must extend to doors.
21. May replace dash with sheet
metal - interior metal cannot be higher than dash.
22. Gutting hood and trunk ok.
23. Bumper cannot exceed past the
inside of the rear tire or must run a bumper cover.
24. May use Lexan in rear side windows.
WHEEL BASE / FRAME
1. Frame must match make and
model of car - 1" tolerance +/- allowed.
2. No shortening of frame - must
be stock - no x-ing or cutting of frame.
3. Length between spring eyes
must be stock.
4. Wheel base for make and model.
5. Engine must be in stock
6. Radiator must be in stock location.
ENGINE - BOTTOM END
1. Any OEM stock size engine -
max size 363 - .060 over bore max.
2. Engine must be in original
location - aftermarket mounts ok.
3. Repaired engine parts must be
4. ARP Rod bolts ok but must
remain stock size - 3/8.
5. 1 piece rear seal block ok.
6. No high performance engines or
special order parts.
7. .060 over bore max.
8. Stock blocks only.
9. Must be stock replacement low
compression piston. Cannot cut top of piston.
10. No flat top 4 eyebrow piston
- must be dished.
11. Speedpro H423 NCP replacement
piston ok. No metric ring package.
12. Pistons must be at least
.009" in block.
13. No bottoming of lifters.
14. Stock crankshaft.
15. No knife edging or
16. Cast crank must weigh 48 lbs.
17. No stroking or destroking.
18. Journals may be turned no
more than .060".
19. Rod width may not be less
than .940. No powder coated rods.
20. Stock timing chain gear set
or Cloyes C-3023X adjustable timing
chain. No offset key ways.
21. Balancer 6 3/4 by 1" no
22. May run racing pulleys - no
23. Aluminum water pump allowed.
24. No serpentine pulleys - v
belt racing pulleys ok.
25. After market fuel pump ok.
26. After market power steering
27. 2 piece timing covers ok.
1. Any open chamber head ok but
must meet the following criteria. No aftermarket heads.
2. May run stock replacement screw in studs or pin them.
3. May run aftermarket valve
4. Heads cannot be less than 72
5. No angle milling.
6. Stock size of valve for make
7. Valve springs can be z28
8. No cutting under 45 - no
competition valve job - no 3 angle valve job.
9. Shims can be used under valve
springs with a limit of .60 per string.
10. May use off set locks but not
11. Rocker arms must be stock or
stock replacement. 1.5 max. No self
aligning rocker arms.
12. No porting or polishing.
13. Steel valves only.
14. Stock stem diameter.
15. No Vortec parts.
1. Stock cast iron.
2. No Holley pattern factory
3. No aluminum intakes.
1. Stock 2 or 4 barrel only.
2. No modifications except choke
3. No removal of choke horn.
4. 600 Holley part # 1850 ok - must be box stock with Mr.
adaptor part #1932 May use (2) .070 gaskets max.
1. Stock timing chain or Cloyes
C-3023X adjustable timing chain.
2. .390 - .410 lift.
3. 112 lobe separation +/- 1
4. Advancing or retarding the cam
in car with adjustable timing ok.
5. Cloyes C-3023X only - no cam
6. Stock cam or stock replacement
7. Duration for intake + 2
degrees / -10 degrees.
8. .006 - 256 degrees.
9. .050 - 195 degrees.
10. .200 - 95 degrees.
11. Duration for exhaust + 2
degrees / - 10 degrees.
12. .006 - 261 degrees.
13. .050 - 202 degrees.
14. .200 - 106 degrees.
15. Must have 18" vacuum at 1000
16. Hydraulic cam and lifters
17. Cams CS-274 Sealed Power and CCS-2 Melling and Comp
Cam 12-105-3 are a stock produced cam and will be looked
at with a little
more variance. All custom ground cams will be required to
FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
1. Stock steel flywheel - 14 lbs.
2. Stock type clutch and pressure
plate - minimum 10.5".
3. May use hydraulic clutch.
1. Must be stock with all working
forward and reverse gears.
2. Automatic transmission torque
converter stock type and 11" minimum.
3. May run transmission cooler.
4. Aftermarket throw out bearing
5. Automatic transmissions ok.
6. No lightening of gears.
7. 3 speed straight drive cast
iron transmission with all working gears.
8. Straight drive transmission
cars must have blow proof bell housing or scatter shield
of 1/8 steel.
9. May use hydraulic clutch.
1. Has to be stock for model of
car or may run 2" driveshaft.
2. No carbon fiber.
3. A "U" or square type safety loop on front of drive
shaft assembly is
1. Stock type ignition.
2. Stock type distributor only.
3. No high performance
distributors or high performance parts.
4. No altering firing order.
5. No msd's with boxes.
1. Gm 10 or 12 bolt rear-end.
2. 9" ford or floater ok.
3. Shocks have to be in stock
location - may move for travel only (max 3 in) No angle
4. May run aftermarket axels.
5. Any gear ratio allowed.
6. Locked or limited slip rear
7. Full spools ok.
8. No gun drilled axels.
9. No gun drilled rotors or
10. No lightening of any parts.
11. All components must be made
12. Disc brakes ok - doesn't have
to match model of car.
13. Can cut top of trailing arms for pinion angle.
1. Suspension must be stock.
2. May run racing springs with
3. Top a-frame can be cut or move
top mounting perch.
4. No adjustable blocks - 4" of
lowering blocks max.
5. Tube type a-arm on top only ok
- nonadjustable - screw in ball joints on top ok.
6. Can use heavy duty oem
steering and suspension parts.
7. Leaf or coil springs can be
changed to stronger leaf or coil of the same type.
8. Cutting of coil spring allowed
- rear shims on coils are ok.
9. Adjustable or non-adjustable
spring buckets ok.
10. Shocks must be in stock
location - may move for travel only - no
11. Adjustable buckets in rear
12. All hook up points on chassis
must be in stock location.
13. Rear shock location must be
stock on top and can be moved on
bottom for travel length only.
14. Cannot change angle of rear
15. Top trailing arm may be cut
for pinion angle only.
16. Leaf spring cars may adjust
perches for pinion angle.
17. May adjust rear shackles.
18. After market bushing in
a-frames and trailing arms ok but may not swivel.
19. No heim joints on any shocks.
20. May run any stock body racing
1. All lead must be secured with bolts and/or metal
clamps. Duct tape or zip ties are not acceptable.
2. 25 lb. weight break for Hans,
or containment seat or both. (25 lb max.)
3. Must have working fire extinguisher in car.
PROTEST AND CLAIM RULE
1. Protest bottom - $500
2. Protest any 3 items - $300
3. Cam protest - $300 - track
4. Acceptance fee - $100
5. Track keeps $100
6. Tech man has final say.